Thursday, December 31, 2009

And so ends the year...

Tonight, accompanied by a rare blue moon, 2009 will finally come to a close.  I can't say I will be sorry to see it go.  It has been a year filled with struggles and 2010 will likely bring new opportunities.  For those of you who are wondering, I did accomplish some of my to do list this week... cleaned the bedroom/bathroom, did some laundry, worked on the finances and paperwork, and finished 12 scrapbook pages (which I happen to think turned out quite amazing). I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed, a little more optomistic, and slightly more organized.  You see, I have a plan for 2010... it may not be a good plan, maybe it won't work at all, but it's a plan nontheless (or at least the beginning of one).  I used to plan all the time and I've let that go as of late.  I realized over the last few days that part of why I always accomplished my goals in the past was because I always set goals to begin with.  I'd kind of gotten away from the goal setting and settled into the daily routine of life only to find that routine completely uprooted.  I think the key (at least for me) is to keep setting that bar higher and never let myself get too complacent.  It's easy to get too comfortable with life as it is (especially if you like where you are at), but when we stop striving to move forward, the universe gives us a big kick in butt to get us moving again.

So here's to moving forward in the new year!   I don't make resolutions as many people do this time of year... those usually fall by the wayside by Febrary anyway... but I do try to refocus on life in general.  It's a time to assess what's working, figure out how to remove what's not, and find ways to enhance the things that are most important to me.  I'm looking forward to the new year... the glass is half full and I am ready to drink it all in!

Btw... I just finished a great new book... The Sword of Avalon by Diana Paxson (on behalf of Marion Zimmer Bradley).  It's a great easy read.  If you like the story of Arthur, the entire Marion Zimmer Bradley Avalon series takes a look at the story from the point of view of the women involved.  The books are all good on their own, but if you haven't read any of them, I recommend starting with The Mists of Avalon... it's the only one that actually takes place during the time of Arthur and Camelot.  The Sowrd of Avalon deals with the making of Excalibur long before Arthur's time and is a unique and beautiful story on it's own, even if you don't like the Arturian legends.  These are also great books for anyone interested in Wicca/Paganism.  While they don't provide any information that can be used today, they do give you a feel for the history behind the current religion in a way that only fiction can do.  I've provided links in case you are interested in picking up either of them.

Talk to you all again in 2010... Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment