Monday, January 11, 2010

Another long wintery week ahead

So it's back from a relaxing weekend with my honey and back to another week of work around the house.  At least the winter weather keeps me from wanting to venture outside much and I should be able to focus on what needs to be done. 

I worked out this morning to Richard Simmons.  It has been a while since I've worked out and it felt really good to get back to it.  I am usually so active during the warmer months that I don't think about it much.  When the weather gets colder I find myself getting lazier and lazier when it comes to physical activity.  Then all of a sudden I find myself moody and uninspired.  Often this can be fixed by getting up and getting moving... those endorphins are pretty darn powerful.  I almost always start with Richard Simmons because I know I can get through it and it gives me a sense of accomplishment and keeps me going.  If I tried to start with something more challenging, I likely wouldn't be able to get through it the first time and it would leave me feeling frustrated. and I'd be less likely to get up and do it again the next day.  I suppose I could join a gym, but who's got the money right now?  Plus, that means having to get dressed, go to the gym, stink up my car with my sweaty self before I get home to take a shower, and takes far too much time.  I can get up and do a dvd in my pjs, take a quick shower, and be off to my next task at home in less time than it would probably take me to get to the gym.

Subject change... despite my lack of job, my schedule seems to be filling up.  This is great because I love connecting with friends, but at the same time, takes away from the time I'd hoped to use to get the house ready to go on the market.  Well, people are definately more important, so I'll stick with the glass-half-full interpretation and say it's a good thing.  Besides, I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.  But now, I'm off to finish some chores around the house and get ready for Monday Movie Night with the kids.  I still have to decide on a movie and what to order for dinner... I'm thinking pizza?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment